Season 2, Episode 24
“It was just this epiphany for me that no one avoids having to evolve and change.” – Jaime Taets
As the CEO of Keystone Group International, Jaime Taets focuses on leadership development, organizational strategy, growth, and change. She is also generous in sharing her personal experiences and insights to help entrepreneurs grow and evolve, which we can all get a glimpse of through her Superpower Success podcast. Today we talk about her new book You Are Here, Kick-Ass Inspiration for Navigating Your Journey to Success. You’ll hear what all entrepreneurs have in common, her take on failing, the good that’s come from Covid, how she uses personal experiences to help businesses grow, plus sneak peaks into the wisdom contained in her new book before it’s released!
Season 2, Episode 23
“If you get in by referral, you have a 40% chance of getting that job. If you get introduced to a decision maker, you have a 60% chance of getting hired. If you get introduced to the hiring manager, you've got a 92% chance of getting a job. So talk to people, because it dramatically cuts your job search down by 55%.” - Cat Breet
Cat Breet has been playing career matchmaker for 23 years, and along the way has had a few career changes herself. Her experiences help others evaluate and mitigate their career risks especially now in the new world of work. She is the Chief Stripe Changer, President and founder of Arbez, and has taught over 167,000 people how to get more money, freedom and fun out of work. She also hosts Planet Work Live on LinkedIn on Tuesdays and Thursdays to add perspective and the full human experience of work. Cat shares how COVID is changing the workplace, what’s become more important to employees, and how...
Season 2, Episode 22
“I've realized that hiring smarter, more capable people and putting them around me, has been the best risk that I've ever taken” - Michelle Myers
One of the biggest challenges in business, and especially for entrepreneurs is the people equation. It’s risky to have people be part of the business you’re working so hard to build, especially when you’re looking to others have contact with your customer base. It’s also turned out to be a great business model for Michelle Meyers, who started a business out of necessity and grew into a model that serves the needs of both employees and customers. She is the Founder and CEO of Pink Callers, an administrative support solution that assigns customer service rockstars to support home service businesses remotely. Michelle also has a podcast with three other women entrepreneurs called Fight Club 4 Business. Hear her tips on entrepreneurship and hiring on this...
Season 2, Episode 21
Ever wonder what it’s really like to live in a tiny house or be a nomad by choice? There is something romantic and freeing about the idea of hitting the road, exploring new places and living minimally. Many think about it, few do it. Eva Lovisa and her husband, Nick, are in the camp of living life in an Airstream. Former condo owners and current web and design professionals, they decided to sell everything, buy an Airstream, and set out to find where in the country they might want to live permanently. Learn the unimagined benefits, the realities of truly living and working remotely, and how a spark of an idea can create an even more abundant life. For Eva, that applies to both her Airstream living and the new business she created, Lucky Yarrow.
Instagram : evalovisa3
Hello, I'm Michael Kithcart. I'm a high performance coach and...
Season 2, Episode 20
What gets in your way of talking about money? Was it the way you were brought up? Is it a chore to understand investments? Don’t know how to get money to work for you? How about YES to all of the above? Jayne Ellegard, Founder and Coach at Elegant Wealth, is determined to make it easier for women to talk about and understand money. Early in her career, she stumbled into managing wealth for others and in her examination of her own thoughts and beliefs about money, she understood on a different level what influences our relationship with money and building wealth. Jayne is a Women and Wealth coach, money confidence creator, engaging speaker and the author of her new book “Financial Empowerment for Women: Your Guide to Courage, Confidence, and Wisdom!” In this episode shares why we struggle to talk about money, why we need to understand how money works, and how to get ahold of our finances regardless of where we’re starting...
Season 2, Episode 19
Your current thinking around winning is messing you up.
Chances are your definition of winning is influenced by others’ definitions. Maybe you picked up a piece from a leadership book, a section from corporate goals, maybe a smattering from a mentor or from playing a team sport.
How’s that working for you?
I want to talk to you about the difference you can make in your life by redefining what it means to YOU to win at work and in your life. I’m not talking about winning at all costs and smashing unrealistic goals set by people with little skin in the game (or understanding of the game in some instances.) I’m talking about how you define what it’s like for you to feel like you are operating at your best, showing up as your best self in situations that matter to you, and feeling like you’re participating according to your own rules. I’m talking about Wynning Your Way. Listen to what it takes to Wyn...
Season 2, Episode 18
“The military and the business sector just handle chaos differently.” – Erik Therwanger
Cancer, Combat and Covid. What do all three of these have in common? Chaos and Erik Therwanger. He uses his personal, professional and service experiences to help businesses and teams reach new levels of success. As the Founder of Think GREAT, Erik sees a great opportunity with returning work forces to have CEOs and managers lead in a different way to create work cultures that represent a new era post COVID. He shares how he’s counted on his Marine training to navigate other chaotic times in his life, and how understanding the three stages of chaos can better equip leaders and build better teams.
Hello, I'm Michael Kithcart. I'm a high...
Season 2, Episode 17
Buckle up, buttercup. This episode covers a lot of ground as Nancy Lyons and I talk about death, grief, racism, white privilege, mindset in the workplace, making work better, how Wells Fargo could make banking better coming out of COVID, and being kind. Nancy is the co-founder and CEO of Clockwork, an award-winning digital agency. She has been a leader in the technology industry for more than 25 years and has proven that people first business strategy wins. She is also a national speaker, great conversationalist, and the author of “Work Like a Boss: A Kick in the Pants Guide to Finding (and Using) Your Power at Work”.
Michael Kithcart: 0:00
Hello, I'm Michael Kithcart. I'm a high performance business coach and entrepreneur who helps worn out achievers become thriving trailblazers - if I...
Season 2, Episode 16
“The way we look at it is, when you have a business partner, your business partnership is built on trust. And if you can't trust your spouse, you got a whole different set of issues, right? It actually helps that you're never questioning the other person's motives – they are both automatically going in the same direction.” – Mike Grinberg on being in business with a spouse
There are many reasons entrepreneurs start their businesses, including necessity. Mike and Gaby Israel Grinberg created Proofpoint Marketing, a remote people first business to business revenue marketing agency, out of necessity to generate income that also met specific family needs. Mike and Gaby share their personal journey that includes their now thriving daughter who was born four months prematurely. Hear how the partners in life became business partners, what works well working with a spouse, the surprising risk of being in business together, and...
Season 2, Episode 15
“It felt like my whole life changed once I made the necessary shifts to get in thrive mode.”
Have you ever felt like you’re working hard but you’re not sure where it’s getting you?
Do you wonder what you’re working towards?
I used to be the same way. I was striving and achieving, it’s just it was coming at a high cost to me and the people around me.
It took a lot of unwinding of old beliefs - like I had to work hard to get ahead – and really identifying what work and activities mattered…and which ones didn’t.
I’m not going to lie. I didn’t make it easy on myself. I took the long route, but now that I’m on the other side, I want to share ways you can move from striving to thriving at a much faster pace than I did.
Psst…it’s easier than I thought it would be.
If you pride yourself on being a hard worker, but you’d like more ease...